- Browse Categories
- WEB STORE
- Adaptor Plates
- Platen Heaters
- Strip Heaters
- Thermal Insulation Jackets
- Pressure indicators
- Benchtop Controllers
- Infrared Thermometer Gun
- Digital Thermometer
- Linear Transducers
- Vertex Solid State Relays
- Pure Nickel Wire
- Braided Power Cable
- Melt Bolt Thermocouples
- Underwater pelletizing
- Thermocouple Adaptors
- Glass Cloth Tape
- Heater Plugs and sockets
- Heat Transfer Compound
- Delivery Charges
- Accepted Currencies
517 standard cartridge heater designs available in less than 2 working weeks. Faster if they are in stock. This page lists the standard diameters that are available. We are now offering cartridge heaters with stainless steel threaded fittings for immersion heating applications. This page shows the threaded fittings available for each diameter of cartridge heater.
Standard Designs of High Watts Density Cartridge Heaters
- Has your production machine stopped because your cartridge heaters are faulty?
- Does your mould tool need cartridge heaters?
- Do you need cartridge heaters in a hurry?
- Do you want to reduce your maintenance expenditure on cartridge heaters?
If you answer YES to any of the above questions then you need to talk to us. We can despatch any of the 517 specifications of cartridge heaters, with 1 metre fibreglass leads shown in the pdf file attachment below to your premises quickly.
Left click on the pdf icon below to view a 5 page datasheet on the standard designs of high watts density cartridge heaters
Cartridge Immersion Heater
We can now offer threaded fittings welded to any of the 517 standard designs of cartridge heaters for immersion applications. Typical delivery within 2 working weeks possibly sooner. Non standard designs in 3 to 4 working weeks.
There are basically two different designs of cartridge immersion heaters that we can offer. They have stainless steel threaded fittings. They are high watts density cartridge heaters.
The HD design is a straight version complete with threaded fitting for external mounting as shown in the picture opposite.
The HE design is a straight version complete with threaded fitting for internal mounting.
Table of Bush Dimensions.
|Diameter of cartridge heater||Thread specification||Hexagon nut Across Flats (A/F) Dimension (mm)||Threaded length (mm)|
|1/4 inch||1/8 inch Gas / BSP thread||12||8|
|6.5mm||M10 x 1||12||8|
|8||M12 x 1||14||8|
|3/8 inch||1/4 inch Gas / BSP thread||17||8|
|10mm||M14 x 1.5||17||8|
|12.5mm||M16 x 1.5||19||8|
|1/2 inch||3/8 inch Gas / BSP thread||19||8|
|5/8 inch||1/2 inch Gas / BSP thread||24||10|
|16mm||M20 x 1.5||24||10|
|20mm||M26 x 1.5||27||10|
The standard designs of cartridge immersion heater have 1000mm long fibreglass insulated leads. We can supply silicone insulated leads but these heaters take longer to produce. Typically 3 working weeks. We can also supply the standard designs of cartridge immersion heaters with additional 900mm length of fibreglass oversleeving or metal braided lead protection or flexible metal conduit lead protection. The lead protection options are available for HD and HE cartridge immersion heaters.
- These heaters are available in the following imperial sizes. 1/4, 5/16, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 1 inch.
- They are also available in the following metric sizes, 6.5, 8, 10, 12.5, 16 and 20mm
- These heaters have a swaged construction that compacts the insulation.
- When heating a platen, mould, die or hot runner probe with high watts density cartridge heaters inserted into drilled holes, fit is an important factor in determining the life expectancy of the heater. Fit is the difference betwen the minimum diameter of the cartridge heater and the maximum diameter of the hole.
- It is common practise to drill and ream a hole that a cartridge heater is intended to fit into.
- Many different designs of lead exit are available. I may be able to offer advise on the most suitable type once I know more about your application.
- These heaters are designed to operate at sheath temperature up to 760 °C / 1400 °F. Heater lead wires and terminations are rated for much lower temperatures.
- Typically these heaters are rated for 120 Vac or 240 Vac supply for UK applications & 230 Vac for European applications. Three phase heaters are also available. Heaters with distributed wattage (i.e. non uniform windings) are also available.
- We can supply cartridge heaters with various internal wiring configurations.
- The standard manufacturing lead time for these heaters is 14 working days. It can take longer to supply depending on the heater complexity.
- Care should be taken when changing from one manufacturer to another as the manufacturing tolerances may be different. You could end up with a lose fit heater.
- I can supply this type of heater on a breakdown service basis but I have to charge extra in this case. I would have to consult with the factory to determine what is realistically achievable at the time of the enquiry.
The picture shows some cartridge heaters I had manufactured for a Werner & Pfleiderer (Stutgard) extruder. These heaters were manufactured in the UK in 4 working weeks.
Cartridge heater with 2 pin plug and locating flange.
We have supplied high watts density cartridge heaters with 2 pin socket and a locating ring in the past for heating a screen changer on plastics extrusion equipment. The heater shown in the picture was 3/4 inch diameter x 123mm inserted length, 240 Vac, 800 watts with a 25mm diameter locating flange. It takes 4 working weeks to manufacture this style of heater.
Double Ended Cartridge Heaters.
We can supply cartridge heaters with a threaded terminal at each end. This makes them double ended. The terminals can have an M3 or M4 thread depending on the amperage of the heater. Higher amperage heaters will require M4 thread. These heaters have a 304 stainless steel sheath. I have supplied 3/8" diameter and 10mm diameter heaters in the past for packaging machine applications. Double ended cartridge heaters are available in all the standard diameters.
It normally takes four weeks manufacturing leadtime but we can supply quicker if you pay a premium. Please call our office to find out more.
All stocked cartridge heaters (Or rod heaters as some peope like to call them) can be found in our webstore under product id Ca
- These heaters are available in the following imperial diameters. 3/16, 1/4, 3/8, 1/2, 5/8, 3/4, 7/8, 15/16, 1, 1 1/4 inches.
- Alloy 304 stainless steel is used to provide high temperature strength, good thermal conductivity and resistance to oxidation upto 650°C / 1200°F.
- This design of heater is less moisture resistant than the high watts density design.
- The low watts density design are less expensive than the high watts density design.
- Maximum watts density 4.6 - 7.0 watts/ cm². (40 - 45 watts / in²). depending on heater size and operating temperature.
- The standard termination design for low watts density heaters is an internally connected flexible lead rated to 250°C / 482 °F.
- Typically 3 to 4 working weeks to deliver. However it may be possible to produce low watts density cartridge heaters faster if you are prepared to pay a premium.
- I usually produce a dimensioned drawing with a unique reference for my suppliers to be able to quote accurately.
Resistance Heaters Ltd, 30 Norbury Close, Knutsford, Cheshire, England, WA16 8 JP
T:- +44 (0)1565 640956, E:- email@example.com